Why do you require this extension:
It is common that customers would like to be at home when their orders are delivered – to check the ordered products for quality or for some other reason.
This Magento delivery date extension allows the admin to easily enable/ disable this functionality. Once enabled the customer will get extra option at the checkout to select the date for the order delivery as well as a text area to drop any special instructions he has for your couriers – this data becomes available in the grid order not to miss this important information.
The admin has the option to specify on what dates the delivery in not available so that if the customer selects that date he is notified that it is not possible and prompted to do a different date selection.
In the plugin admin there is also a custom text field for the admin to enter some general info – as a rule it relates the operation store hours or similar data.
How it works:
The admin has an option to enable/ disable the delivery date and instructions add-on, to specify the store operation hours (text field), to make certain dates disabled for order delivery with calendar.
The customer has an option to specify the order delivery date as well as to type any kind of instructions related to the order delivery (text area) at the checkout.
Extension features include:
- Admin has a text field to display some general store info at the checkout
- Admin has an option to indicate dates when the order delivery is not possible
- Admin has an option to turn off the order delivery extension
- Customer has an option to indicate his order delivery date (calendar)
- Customer has an option to type any additional instructions like preferred delivery hours, etc. (text area)
- Easy localization with the language file
- 100% open source
- Meets Magento development best practices
- 6-month free updates
Compatible with Magento Community 1.6., 1.6.1., 1.6.2., 1.7, 1.8, 1.8.1, 1.9.