Why do you require this extension:
Social commerce is one of the biggest commerce trends over the recent years. Facebook, Twitter and alike may not drive tons of sales to e-commerce stores, but they definitely influence your market positions: branding, online reputation, search engine rankings as well as social recommendations of products and sellers.
Instagram is considered to belong to the next wave of social apps like Pinterest, TheFancy, etc.
With our free Instagram Magento extension, you will add another social media integration that might appeal to your visitors.
Why should your customers care about this Instagram feature? It gives them a sense how your products look at different people, bodies, objects, etc – depends on what you sell, in fact.
How it works:
Free Instagram Magento extension allows you to display images by:
- Hashtag/ keyword
You have also options to display Instagram images either on home page, category pages or product pages. Or everywhere.
The last, but not the least feature – you have an option to moderate what images will be displayed at your website and what images should be omitted.
Instagram API settings should be properly configured:
Client ID: your Instagram Client ID
Client Secret: your Instagram Secret
Website URL: http://example.com/
Redirect URI: http://example.com/index.php/instagramconnect/auth/
Make sure to indicate correct redirect uri while installing the extension. If problems with connection still appear when you press auth on Instagram button from configuration do the following: In the address bar of your page with invalid uri find the following parameter redirect_uri. You are to paste its properties. Please check the following screenshot http://prntscr.com/26xkl0. Parameter properties are highlighted in blue.
Extension features include:
- This Instagram Magento extension comes free
- Displays Instagram images by hashtag/ keyword, by username
- Displays Instagram images on home page, on product pages, on category pages or everywhere
- Allows the administrator filter what images to display and what images to hide
- Easy localization with the language file
- Takes just two minutes to install
- 100% open source
- Meets Magento development best practices
- Option to display images by username (Instagram authentication integrated) (NEW)
- Option to display images on category pages (NEW)
- Previous version minor bugs fixes
- Session issue fix: now just one-time Instagram API authentication required
Front-end: http://demo.ikantam.com/instagramconnect/ username: email@example.com password: proverka123 or create your account
Back-end: http://demo.ikantam.com/admin/ Username: instagramconnect_admin Password: proverka123
Compatible with Magento Community 1.6., 1.6.1., 1.6.2., 1.7, 1.8, 1.8.1, 1.9.