Why do you require this extension:
Nowadays more and more people are eager to sell their old gadgets. Some want to sell their cell phones and laptops, others aren’t satisfied with Kindles and cameras. And this is right as there is no point to keep your old things. The only thing you need is a company involved in electronics trade in business. So cell phone, laptop, textbook buyback and even dvd and cd sellback are quite on demand. Electronics trade-in is boosting.
Device buyback service powered by scripts similar to ours can help to start buyback programs: purchase games, cd’s, dvd’s, watches, Kindles, audios, digital cameras, MP3 players, in fact lots of products, not just electronics. The buyback service allows to perform any manipulations with old gadgets on both sides (the seller and the buyer). The buyer wants to trade in cell phones and textbooks, buyback laptops and DVDs.
More and more e-commerce businesses buy used cell phones and similar items. Glyde.com, Gazelle.com, iCracked.com make fortunes with this business model.
How it works:
Our Magento add-on enables your customers select a product/ product model from the list you agree to buyback/ trade-in.
Then the customer is offered a fixed price for his product/ electronics trade-in item – pre-defined/ easily changed by the administrator.
If the price sounds ok for your shopper he enters his personal information (such as the full name and shipping address) and selects a payment option (PayPal or Check).
Next step – the customer ships the item to the store. Once received the store staff reviews the gadget and if received as described submits the payment for the product. Otherwise the item is shipped back to the customer.
All trade-in/ buyback process steps are managed by the administrator using our Magento script in the admin interface as well as customer admin interface. The admin manually changes the statuses of each particular deal – shipped, received, reviewed, paid, returned. Trade-in items as well as buyback flow (frontend/ backend) do not interfere with your Magento store operation and its inventory if you run one.
Magento buyback store samples to check with the script installed and configured:
Extension features include:
- Allows registered users select the type/ model of the device they want to trade-in – easily managed by the admin
- Allows registered users view the fixed price you pay for their gadgets – easily managed by the admin
- Allows registered users place new shipments and monitor trade-in flow in their Magento account
- Possibility to create / edit / delete orders in admin
- Possibility to import / export products
- Fractional numbers allowed
- Admin functionality allows to manage the process through all buyback stages like:
- Waiting for reception – the member has submitted the shipment, but the trade-in item has not yet arrived
- Received – the device that has been received at the facility, but has not been reviewed
- Under review – the device that is currently in the process of being checked by your staff
- Reviewed – the gadget that has been successfully checked and approved for purchase
- Paid – the gadget with the payment submitted to the customer
- Needs to be returned – the product that needs to be shipped back to the customer
- Shipped to Customer – the device that has been shipped back to the customer
- Easy localization with the language file
- 100% open source e-commerce script
- Meets Magento development best practices
- 6-month free updates
Front-end: http://demo2.ikantam.com/buyback/ http://demo2.ikantam.com/buyback/index.php/iphone/apple-iphone-4s-16gb-at-t-or-unlocked.html http://demo2.ikantam.com/buyback/index.php/macbook/macbook-air.html
Back-end: http://demo2.ikantam.com/admin/ Username: buyback_admin Password: proverka123
Compatible with Magento Community 1.6., 1.6.1., 1.6.2., 1.7, 1.8, 1.8.1, 1.9.