Why do you require this extension:
More and more consumers are eager to sell old/ used iPhones, iPads, Macs, iPods, cell phones, tablets for pennies to acquire newly released gadgets. And device buyback service powered by scripts similar to ours can help to start buy back programs: purchase games, cd’s, dvd’s, watches, Kindles, audios, digital cameras, MP3 players, in fact lots of products, not just electronics. More and more e-commerce businesses buy used cell phones and similar items. Glyde.com, Gazelle.com, iCracked.com make fortunes with this business model.
How it works:
Our Magento add-on enables your customers select a product/ product model from the list you agree to buyback/ trade-in.
Then the customer is offered a fixed price for his product/ electronics trade-in item – pre-defined/ easily changed by the administrator.
If the price sounds ok for your shopper he enters his personal information (such as the full name and shipping address) and selects a payment option (PayPal or Check).
Next step – the customer ships the item to the store – you get notified of the items in transit. Once received the store staff reviews the gadget and if received as described submits the payment for the product. Otherwise the item is shipped back to the customer.
All trade-in/ buyback process steps are tracked by our Magento script in the admin as well as customer admin interface – shipped, received, reviewed, paid, returned. Trade-in items as well as buyback flow (frontend/ backend) do not interfere with your Magento store operation and its inventory if you run one.
Extension features include:
- Allows registered users select the type/ model of the device they want to trade-in – easily managed by the admin
- Allows registered users view the fixed price you pay for their gadgets – easily managed by the admin
- Allows registered users place new shipments and track trade-in flow in their Magento account
- Admin functionality allows to track the process pass through all buyback stages like:
- Waiting for reception – the member has submitted the shipment, but the trade-in item has not yet arrived
- Received – the device that has been received at the facility, but has not been reviewed
- Under review – the device that is currently in the process of being checked by your staff
- Reviewed – the gadget that has been successfully checked and approved for purchase
- Paid – the gadget with the payment submitted to the customer
- Needs to be returned – the product that need to be shipped back to the customer
- Shipped to Customer – the device that has been shipped back to the customer
- Easy localization with the language file
- Takes just two minutes to install
- 100% open source e-commerce script
- Meets Magento development best practices
Compatible with Magento Community 1.6., 1.6.1., 1.6.2., 1.7, 1.8.
Front-end: http://demo2.ikantam.com/buyback/ http://demo2.ikantam.com/buyback/index.php/iphone/apple-iphone-4s-16gb-at-t-or-unlocked.html http://demo2.ikantam.com/buyback/index.php/macbook/macbook-air.html
Back-end: http://demo2.ikantam.com/admin/ Username: buyback_admin Password: proverka123