Why do you require this extension:
Customer shared images build trust with potential shoppers or first time visitors to your store, increase customer loyalty, create user generated content, contribute new product details that might be unavailable from the original product pictures.
In fact, many customers share the product pages with their friends and family once they upload they own images. This word-of-mouth form of marketing or recommendation provides you with extra branding as well as a sound potential for new sales.
How it works:
Logged in customers have an option to upload product images. The link and submission form are at the bottom of the product pages. The approved images are listed as thumbnails and upon clicking open larger in a lightbox. The images come with a slider in case numerous added.
The extension settings interface allows the store administrator to define the image dimensions (height and width), customize accompanying text, and enable notifications of the newly added customer images including the field for the e-mail address and dropdown to select an e-mail template for this notification.
The store administrator has a moderation interface – a grid with customer shared image thumbnails, image names, product names the images are submitted to. There is a filter to navigate the images in the grid by status – Live or New. As well as Actions dropdown menu that comes with two options – Go Live or Delete – the selected option is applied to the ticked photos.
Extension features include:
- Enables logged-in customers to share their images
- Allows the store manager to define image size, text, notification e-mail and template (if activated)
- Allows the store manager to easily filter live and waiting for moderation photos
- Allows the store manage to easily approve or delete selected user shared images
- Easy localization with the language file
- Takes just two minutes to install
- 100% open source
- Meets Magento development best practices
- 6-month free updates
Compatible with Magento Community 1.6., 1.6.1., 1.6.2., 1.7, 1.8, 1.8.1, 1.9.